Highly motivated candidates are sought for postdoctoral fellowship positions in the Department of Bioorganic Chemistry (www.bioorganic.ch.pwr.wroc.pl), Wroclaw University of Science and Technology. The Department is working at the interface of chemistry and biology, the main interests are focused on the rational design, synthesis and biological evaluation of enzyme and protein-protein interaction inhibitors. Current projects are supported by several grants funded by National Science Centre. The ideal candidate should have:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry (e.g., Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Biochemistry) and a strong publication record in this or related area.
- High motivation to work on challenging topics.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and collaborative research environment.
Two full-time positions are available. The first project will be related to develop computer-aided methodology for de novo construction of structurally extended peptide foldamers of chosen geometry and applying created structures as scaffolds for building effective inhibitors of chosen protein-protein interactions. The postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for design, synthesis and structural evaluation of peptide foldamers using CD, NMR and crystallography. The second project involves enzyme expression, preparation and kinetic assays, and cell culture experiments. A biochemist, well accustomed with determination of inhibitor activity with enzymes and cell lines, is the most suitable candidate.
- PhD diploma
- PhD thesis
- Short description of research achievements
- List of publications
- Motivation letter
- Consent on personal data management
Closing date: July 15th, but candidates will be considered as they apply.
Łukasz Berlicki, firstname.lastname@example.org
Artur Mucha, email@example.com