ELITE-S FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
ICT standards play an essential role in achieving interoperability of new technologies and can bring significant benefits to both industry and consumers. They support the realisation of a European Digital Single Market and allow consumers and businesses the widest choice of products and services across the EU.
ELITE-S is Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND Action for new intersectoral training, career development and mobility fellowship programme based at the ADAPT Centre (DCU). The Programme will offer 16 prestigious two-year fellowships for incoming mobility across two calls over the 60 months duration of the programme. Fellowships will be targeted to experienced researchers (ER) and will be offered in the four core research areas Regulations and Compliance, Content Analytics and Content Preservation, Data and Process Management, Interoperability. The ELITE-S programme will offer excellent quality in the selection of researchers, and high quality training, supervision and training in transferable skills. ELITE-S applicants will have the freedom to choose their own research topic, their supervisor and their secondment host.
About the ADAPT Centre
The ADAPT Centre, funded by Science Foundation Ireland focuses on developing next generation digital technologies that transform how people communicate by helping to analyse, personalise and deliver digital data more effectively for businesses and individuals. ADAPT researchers are based in four leading universities: Trinity College Dublin, Dublin City University, University College Dublin and Dublin Institute of Technology. ADAPT's transformative tools allow you explore video, text, speech and image data in a natural way across languages and devices, helping companies unlock opportunities that exist within digital content to re-imagine how to connect people, process and data to realise new economic value.
- LITE-S Fellows will be offered fixed-term or specific purpose Research Fellow employment contracts from the host institution of their Supervisor for the duration of the fellowship.
- Living Allowance: € 45,120.00 per year
- Mobility allowance: € 7,200.00 per year*
- Family Allowance: € 6,000.00 per year*
- Cost of conducting Research Proposal: € 6,990.00 per year
- Fellows will receive management and technical support
*check "Guide for Applicants" for more information om Mobility and Family allowances.
- Have a Doctoral degree or 4-year Full-time research experience;
- Be of any nationality and gender;
- Be a researcher with career breaks or;
- Be a researcher with non-traditional career path (research experience and no doctoral degree) or;
- Be a researcher at Risk (Researcher displaced by conflict);
- NOT have resided or carried out their main activity in the Republic of Ireland for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to call deadline
The selection process consists of the following steps:
- Complete application documents (Parts A, B, C and D) submitted by 15th July 2019 @17:00pm IST (Irish Standard Time) - check "Guide for Applicant" for more information.
- After the call closes, all applications will first be checked for completeness, ethics, and eligibility, using their eligibility statement and cross-check to the CV
- All eligible applications will undergo independent, international peer review. Each proposal will be evaluated by three independent assessors. Applications will be scored and ranked according the ELITE-S Assessment Criteria - check "Guide for Applicant" for details on the assessment criteria
- The set of top ranked applicants from each theme will be invited to the next phase – an interview lasting 60 minutes.
- 8 fellowships are available in each call, and these will be offered to the top ranked applicants above the threshold.
- Completed Parts A, B and C available on the ELITE-S website. Part D is only required for applicants who have indicated potential ethical issues in Part A. Templates must be followed, otherwise the application will not be considered.
Part A – Administrative Information (contains Ethics Issues Table)
Part B – Proposal (max. 10 pages)
Part C – CV (max. 5 pages)
Part D – Ethics Self-Assessment
Applicants must confirm that they have considered and reported all ethical issues and agree to the programme Terms & Conditions. Applicants must indicate the project’s thematic area, and indicate up to 5 keywords. Part B will contain a 2000-character proposal summary.
All documents must be uploaded as a PDF file using the template available on the ELITE-S website which applicants must follow. These are based on the MSCA template.
Letter of commitment from the academic supervisor.