Shaping European Research Leaders for Marine Sustainability (SEAS) is a postdoctoral research fellowship programme for 37 fellows launched and managed by the University of Bergen. Marine and coastal areas face multifaceted challenges, threatening biodiversity and humanity on a global scale. To have an impact on marine sustainability, there is an urgent need to integrate perspectives and insights from a diverse range of fields and sectors.
In this second call, open August 1st – October 31st 2022, we invite talented researchers to apply for 23 postdoctoral fellowships. Successful candidates will be employed in 3-year fixed-term full-time postdoctoral research fellow positions at UiB. Individual contracts may, under certain conditions, be extended by up to one year if funded from other sources than the SEAS programme.
Please be aware
- That the application process is time-demanding
- The application process requires a close dialogue with the named supervisor or contact who, close to the deadline, must sign a supervisor match declaration if an application is to be eligible.
- That some fields of research, especially within sensitive technology areas, might be enforced by Norwegian and international regulations regarding Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Candidates who by assessment of the application and attachment are seen to conflict with the criteria in these regulations might be prohibited from recruitment to UiB.
To be considered eligible for academic review, applicants must adhere to the following programme requirements:
- The research proposal must be relevant to marine sustainability.
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree in a relevant field prior to the application deadline or alternatively document that the thesis has been defended successfully, or that the dissertation is currently being evaluated by the PhD evaluation body of their academic institution. It is a condition of employment that the PhD must have been awarded.
- Applicants cannot previously have been employed as a postdoctoral fellow at UiB.
- Applications must be submitted through the Jobbnorge portal and include all mandatory elements (see below). Applications via email will not be accepted.
- Applicants must have a high degree of proficiency in English (self-assessed in the CV and demonstrated in the application).
- SEAS mobility rules (if the successful candidate is an outgoing fellow, there is a mandatory return period of 12-18 months at UiB).
- The application and relevant documents must be in English.
All eligible applicants will be evaluated on transparent evaluation criteria by international experts. No restrictions by nationality, age, gender, ethnicity, disability/special needs, or social status will apply.
Be aware that some fields of research, especially within sensitive technology areas, might be enforced by Norwegian and international regulations regarding Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Candidates who, by assessment of the application and attachments, are seen to conflict with the criteria in these regulations will be prohibited from recruitment to UiB.
Check the full details and the available positions below.
Deadline: 31 October 2022.