ORGANISATION NAMESpanish State Research Agency
FUNDING TYPEFundingTravel Grants
RESEARCH FIELDFormal sciencesHumanitiesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciencesSocial sciences
CAREER STAGEFirst Stage Researcher (R1) (Up to the point of PhD)
The aim of the grants is to train doctors in companies by co-financing the labour contracts of trainee research staff who participate in an industrial research or experimental development project that takes place in companies, within which their doctoral thesis will be framed, in order to
- favour the labour insertion of researchers in companies from the beginning of their professional careers,
- contribute to the employability of these researchers,
- promote the incorporation of talent to the productive fabric in order to increase its competitiveness.
The industrial research or experimental development project can be executed in its entirety in the company or in collaboration between the company and another public or private entity.
What is funded
The funding will cover three concepts:
- The financing of the contracts: the sum of the gross salary plus the employer's contribution to the Social Security system. The annual grant for each of the contracts will depend on the project and beneficiary type, taking into account that the aid volume cannot exceed the amount indicated in the call resolution. The gross maximum aid intensities, as a percentage of the cost of the activity incentivised, in accordance with the limits established in article 25 of the General Regulation of exemption by categories.
- Short stays in R&D entities: a maximum of 2,400 Euros will be authorized for the financing of the stays of these researchers in the various R&D entities to which they are attached.
- Tuition expenses for doctorate programmes: 1,500 Euros will be authorized for each researcher hired to finance the tuition fees in the doctorate programme in a Spanish university, whether public or private, corresponding to the courses in which the researcher is enrolled during the validity of the grant.
The estimation is that ca. 65 grants will be funded in total
The funding will have a maximum duration of four years.
Legally constituted companies at the time of filing the application.
The application procedure is online
Details of the process can be found in the website of the Spanish State Research Agency under "Convocatoria" (IN SPANISH)
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.