ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity College Cork
RESEARCH FIELDPsychological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/06/2019 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Cork
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK19.5
Applications are invited for a part time research post. The successful applicant will work on a project which is a collaboration between the School of Applied Psychology and Youth Work Ireland. The project involves the evaluation of a trauma informed approach to working with young people outside of main stream education (i.e. Evaluation of SORT IT Model). Specifically the researcher will work with the principal investigator Dr Sharon Lambert to design the research process, collect data, analyse data and write up reports. Data will be collected from tutors and young people in community based settings.
Post Duration: 11 months
Salary: €22,109 - €34,612 p.a. (IUA Salary Scale, pro rata 0.5 FTE)
Project: An Evaluation of the SORT IT Model
This title will apply to a person of appropriate qualifications e.g., BSc or an MSc, employed on a contract for the purpose of assisting in the performance of research in the University. A Research Assistant will usually work under the direction of one or more Principal Investigator’s/Senior Researchers within a dedicated laboratory on one or more research projects.
For full particulars on this post please refer to: https://www.ucc.ie/en/hr/vacancies/research/full-details-1017502-en.html
For Informal Enquiries on the post candidates should contact:
Name: Sharon Lambert
Email Address: Sharon.email@example.com
Telephone: 00353 21 4904551
Please submit a short cover letter and C.V. to Dr Sharon Lambert, Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date 28th June 2019.
- A graduate qualification in a field of discipline relevant to the area of investigation i.e. MA or MSc.
- Research experience is essential.
- Experience of working with vulnerable young people.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Previous laboratory experience and practices are desired.
- Good analytical skills and computer skills.
- An ability to work independently to a tight schedule.
- Capability of working effectively within a team to achieve results.
- Evidence of excellent organisational and communication skills.
- High levels of initiative are encouraged.
- Please note that Garda vetting and international police clearance check will form part of the selection process.
EURAXESS offer ID: 417211
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.