ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity College Cork
RESEARCH FIELDEconomicsPsychological sciences › Behavioural sciencesPsychological sciences › Psychology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/07/2019 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Cork
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39
The FINTECHNEXT team consists of over a dozen multi-disciplinary researchers with backgrounds in multiple disciplines including Information Systems, Finance and Computer Science. The researchers work with four internationally renowned Professors from Cork University Business School and the Boole Centre for Research in Informatics (Professor Joe Feller, Professor Philip O’Reilly, Professor John Morrison and Professor Mark Hutchinson) and a world leading financial services organisation, Fexco. The research team have a track record of publishing in world leading journals (ABS ranking, FT50 and Senior IS scholar basket of eight).
The FINTECHNEXT’s project is focussed on undertaking collaborative research on technological innovation in financial services that will have significant impact on the economy and society through:
- Advancing scientific knowledge through creation and discovery and
- Facilitating the development of highly innovative new products and services for commercialisation.
The project is researching next generation technologies in the financial services sector, towards delivering a FinTech toolset that both (1) informs excellence in science and (2) drives commercialisation efforts.
FINTECHNEXT output is in two forms:
- Scientific outputs in world leading journals, enabling knowledge dissemination and
- Highly innovative IP for commercialisation, enabling job creation and having societal impact.
Post Duration: 12 months, with the possibility to extend for up to 36 months
Salary: €45,540 - €48,205 p.a. (IUA Salary Scale)
Project: FINTECHNEXT: Next Generation Financial Services Technology
For full particulars on these post please refer to: https://www.ucc.ie/en/hr/vacancies/research/full-details-1029871-en.html
For Informal Discussions on the role, please contact:
Name: Professor Philip O’Reilly
Title: Principal Investigator FINTECHNEXT
Email Address: Philip.OReilly@ucc.ie
Applications (as a single PDF) should include a covering letter, a detailed CV and the names and contacts of TWO referees. Applications will be accepted until 5pm GMT 3rd July 2019.
Applications and informal queries, by email only, to Philip O’Reilly (Philip.OReilly@ucc.ie). Please cite the unique position reference FINTECHNEXTSENIORPOSTDOCSERVICEDESIGN only in the subject of all emails related to the application.
CVs and handwritten forms will not be accepted. No late applications will be accepted.
Please note that an appointment to posts advertised will be dependent on University approval.
- A PhD qualification in Information Systems/Human Behaviour/Psychology or related discipline.
- Extensive research competence and experience in one or more of the following areas: Service design, UX Design, Design Thinking, Human Behaviour, Business Models, Open Innovation, Cognitive Science.
- Research competence/experience in service design.
- Demonstrated experience of stakeholder engagement, workshop planning and delivery.
- Demonstrated research experience of qualitative data gathering and analysis.
- Expertise in proposition/hypothesis design and testing.
- An appropriate publication record in highly ranked international peer reviewed journals.
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to gaining practical industry experience working on a research project.
- Experience of communicating science and scientific outcomes to both academic and non-academic audiences.
- Supervisory skills.
- Leadership potential.
- Experience of applying and securing funding.
- Experience of working with industry stakeholders would be an advantage.
- Please note that Garda vetting and international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
EURAXESS offer ID: 417207
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.