RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/07/2019 16:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Krakow
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/08/2019
We have an exciting opportunity for postdoctoral position to join our research team headed by prof. Jan Potempa at the Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University in Krakow. In the project, we would like to examine a unique two-component system from anaerobic bacteriumPorphyromonas gingivalis. We will be mostly focused on investigating protein-protein interactions, finding the role of new response regulator and determination of the structures in complexes with interacting proteins. Hopefully, the results will shed new light on the mechanisms regulating P. gingivalisvirulence. Therefore, we are seeking a highly motivated PhD who is experienced in: analysis of post-translational protein modifications, bacteria cultivation including anaerobic species, molecular and biochemical techniques (i.e. cloning, PCR, Western blot, enzymatic assays, recombinant protein purification).
The post-doc will work in the well recognized research team and will have the opportunity to develop the skills in molecular and cellular biology research with strong translational potential. The research should lead to the new important findings extending the knowledge of the mechanisms of Duchenne muscular dystrophy with the potential of development of new treatment methods
Competition commencement date:14.06.2019.
Applications can be filed till: 13.07.2019
Decision regarding competition settlement shall be made till 31.07.2019.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
For the post of post - doc may apply persons who meet the following qualification requirements:
- hold at least the academic degree of doktor,
- their doctoral or habilitation thesis was given high grades,
- relevant academic achievements involving apart from doctoral thesis also other important works,
- active participation in academic life involving particularly presentations at conferences and symposiums,
- positive opinion of the head of department/chair or academic tutor on candidate’s qualifications and suitability for research and teaching classes,
- ability to teach classes, confirmed by opinion of the head of department/chair.
- experience in analysis of post-translational protein modifications and protein-protein interactions
- experience in bacteria cultivation, including anaerobic species
- good knowledge of molecular genetics of microorganisms
- experience in molecular and biochemical techniques (DNA/protein electrophoresis, Western blot, stationary and kinetic spectrophotometric and fluorimetric assays, PCR, cloning, FPLC chromatography, etc.)
- active participation in research grants.
EURAXESS offer ID: 417161
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.