RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/07/2019 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONIreland › Dublin 15
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
Basic Function of the post:
The BeSAFE project addresses the challenge of improving farm safety in Ireland through the development of a robust conceptual model of farm safety, the identification of key attitudes to safety that shape behaviour and, the development and trialling of a number of animal and machinery safety initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities specific to this project:
- Develop and apply a conceptual framework that enhances understanding farmer behaviour with respect to farm safety.
- Contribute to the development of survey instruments.
- Analyse quantitative data describing the knowledge, attitudes, risk perceptions, and behaviours of a nationally representative sample of farmers.
- Interpret research findings and prepare scientific and popular press publications.
- Take leadership in disseminating the project results to both academic and non-academic audiences.
- Work closely with colleagues in the consortium, external to Teagasc, to support the development of a national network for agricultural health and safety research.
Further Information for Candidates
Candidates can access a Fellowship Programme Application form for this post on the Teagasc website at https://www.teagasc.ie/about/opportunities/post-doctoral-opportunities/ Teagasc do not accept Curriculum Vitae’s as an application for a position. In order to apply for a post the relevant application form must be completed in order to be considered.
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Friday 19th July 2019. Applications received after this time will not be considered. Ideally, the successful candidate will take up this position in September 2019.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.
The details contained above are subject to change without notice.
• PhD in Psychology, Geography, Sociology, Economics or equivalent.
• Relevant research experience not to exceed 3 years’ post-PhD.
• Knowledge of behavioural change models, e.g. Social Ecological
EURAXESS offer ID: 417144
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.