RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/06/2019 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONIreland › Galway
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a full-time, fixed term position as a postdoctoral research scientist with the Nanoscale Biophotonics Laboratory (NBL) at the National University of Ireland, Galway. This position is funded by Science Foundation Ireland under the Advanced Analytics for Biopharmaceutical Therapeutic Manufacture (AA-BTM) project, an investigator award to Prof. Alan G. Ryder. The position is available from 06 August 2019 to 31 July 2020.
The successful candidate will be based in the NBL (www.nuigalway.ie/nanoscale/) located in the School of Chemistry at NUIG. Ireland and work with researchers from both University and Industry collaborators to help develop and refine the use of polarized multidimensional fluorescence measurement-based methods for bioanalytical applications. The long-term goal is to have these bioanalysis technologies to be incorporated in the next generation of analytical tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
Candidates should have excellent communication and organizational skills; be highly motivated and passionate about analytical chemistry; and have strong documentation, oral and interpersonal skills. The position requires communication with a wide range of audiences including academics, students, and pharmaceutical companies, thus excellent communication skills are mandatory. The ideal candidate should have previous experience in analytical chemistry from both an academic and industrial perspective.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or an equivalent discipline.
- Experience in Fluorescence and Raman spectroscopies.
- Experience in multi-way chemometric data analysis.
- Experience with undergraduate laboratory demonstration and project student mentoring.
- Proven, first-author, publication record.
- Must have excellent English language communication skills (both written and oral).
- Protein biophysics using fluorescence-based techniques.
- Industrial bioanalysis with focus on biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Experience with polarization-based measurements and optics.
EURAXESS offer ID: 417143
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.