ORGANISATION/COMPANYLeibniz-Institute for Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/03/2019 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONGermany › Gatersleben
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK26
The research group Domestication Genomics studies domestication and adaptation processes and their interaction with genetic diversity in the cereal crops barley, wheat and rye and their wild progenitors by analyzing comprehensive sequence datasets in the context of newly developed genomic sequence and mapping resources.
• Studying demography and selection during cereal domestication based on re-sequencing data of large diversity panels
• Genome sequence assembly of crop wild relatives
• Presentation of results at conferences and in scientific articles
Your qualifications and skills:
• You have a Master degree in bioinformatics or related fields.
• You have experience in plant genomics and bioinformatics.
• You possess advanced programming and scripting skills.
• Solid English skills are a prerequisite for effective work in our multicultural environment.
You fit to us:
• You have a background in plant genetics and/or computational biology.
• You are interested in complex plant genomes.
• You see your future in academic research.
• You want to become a member of an international and dynamic team.
We offer you:
• An interdisciplinary research environment at the intersection of life sciences and informatics
• A friendly and productive working atmosphere
• An employment starting at May 01st 2019 limited for 36 months
• Gross salary will be up to 65% E13 TV-L
If you need further information feel free to contact Dr. Martin Mascher (firstname.lastname@example.org) Tel.: +49 (0) 39482 5243.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your online-application (http://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/job-offers/) until 08.03.2019. If you have questions or require more information, please do contact our Recruiting-Team (email@example.com).
Please indicate the reference number 12/02/19 in your correspondence.
EURAXESS offer ID: 379280