ORGANISATION/COMPANYFundación IMDEA Materiales
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistryOther
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/03/2019 22:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Getafe - Madrid
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
IMDEA Materials seeks a full-time Post-doc researcher with a priority to candidates with experience in:
- Fabrication and characterization of photovoltaics based on dye-sensitized solar cells (p- and n-type)
- Light manipulation for efficient in- and out- coupling, and
- Application of bio-materials to optoelectronics. We are looking for an individual with initiative and motivation to further develop her/his career in the new and dynamic Hybrid Optoelectronic Materials and Devices research group.
The research activities will be focused on applying new bio-materials into photovoltaics for new concepts on light manipulation and light harvesting. We will work on understanding degradation pathways and proposing new additives and polymers to stabilize the bio-materials in operative devices. The candidate will acquire a mature knowledge on handling bio-compounds, spectroscopic, rheology, and microscopic techniques, as well as the fabrication and characterization of photovoltaic devices.
Interested candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae (including complete contact information for two references) and a one-page statement of their motivation, here: http://jobs.materials.imdea.org/offer/82/apply
- Full time contract including social security coverage.
- Salary depending on previous experience and credentials.
- The position will be open until the candidate is selected.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: PhD or equivalentOther: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Candidates should hold a PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry, Bio-technology (or related discipline).
A mature experience on the preparation and characterization of fluorescent proteins is required. Experience in molecular electronics, bio-diagnosis, and photophysics will be positively judged.
Excellent academic records and a strong commitment to develop an academic career in an international and multidisciplinary environment are expected.
Fluent oral and written English is required as this is the official language of the group. No knowledge of Spanish is totally fine (free lessons provided).
EURAXESS offer ID: 379265